Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Slimming Smoothies

I have recently become very addicted to smoothies. One of my best friends has been drinking smoothies and has lost a lot of weight. So I hit Google for some slimming smoothie recipes. 

I came across this Blueberry Smoothie that looked delish! 


Servings: 1
1 cup skim milk
1 cup unsweetened blueberries
1 TBSP cold-compressed  organic flax-seed oil (MUFA)
(calories: 273)

Combine milk and blueberries in blender and blend 1 minute. Transfer to glass and stir in flax-seed oil. 

But when I went shopping for the ingredients I could not find the organic flax-seed oil at all. And instead of blueberries, I got triple berry mix. So I did just that for a few days. Now I add a half of cup of Greek vanilla yogurt. Then while at Kroger (they have a great organic selection) I found Spectrum Ground Flaxseed with mixed berries.  

I am really enjoying my smoothie for breakfast every morning. Calories for my version is 305.

1 cup skim milk
1 cup mixed  berries
1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons of the flax-seed powder 

Let me know if you have a smoothie recipe that you love, please let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment